So I was looking for two DLL's to get Log4Net working with Windsor 2.0.
I had a hard time finding the version I needed, as I guess I'm in the dark ages not using Windsor 2.5.
The files in question are: Castle.Facilities.Logging.dll and Castle.Services.Logging.Log4netIntegration.dll
Why am I using Windsor 2.0? Since the version of FluentNHibernate I'm using is 1.1 and uses CastleDynamicProxy2.dll version 2.1 - even Windsor 2.1 (which includes the logging files I need) uses CastleDynamicProxy2.dll version 2.2.
To make a long story short - without changing a bunch of code around it was easier to just solve the problem myself. It's open source so I just downloaded and compiled the assemblies I need and provide them to the community of how many others might be looking for these.
Download them here
So here they are - enjoy!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
I've had a lot of questions recently for developers who are new to C# and Visual Studio for some guidance as to where to begin. So, I've compiled a list of links that will help you get started:
- Intro to Visual Studio 2008 – Even if you’re using Visual Studio 2010 this tutorial can still help you with the basics. If you’re in a rush skip forward 4 minutes and 44 seconds into it.
- Intro to C# and VS2008 – Good 15 minute intro to Studio and C#, although the accent can be a little hard to understand.
- SQL and SQL Express Intro – Covers some basics of how to manage databases with these tools.
- MVC in 4 minutes - a video by yours truly on building a quick MVC app.
- Intro to MVC Basics – A good intro (73 minutes long) starting from File->New Project
- Dave Mateer has written an excellent blog post about how to
setup nunit-gui.exe with Visual Studio Express.
I’ll add more to this post as I collect more links and tutorials.